Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Hmmm...

Yup... definitely time to update this blog again. What the hell... I've got five minutes to kill... might as well bang something out.

This has felt like the longest week of work yet. Not only are we short-staffed on the morning crew, we're also kinda overworked. It's been kind of crazy, with one of our directors out sick and Reggie, our floor director gone yesterday, I ended up having to floor direct. Lemme just say it's not something I want to do again. I felt like I bumbled my way through the three shows yesterday and I'm certain the directors weren't thrilled with what I did, so at least we're all in agreement on it.

The more I work at channel 30 and the more opportunities I'm given, the less I find myself wanting to do them and get pigeonholed into a production career track. I really want to produce, and I feel like I might never get the chance to unless I hit the lottery. I feel like it's dragging me down at work because I know I'm in a go-nowhere position with very little thanks for the work that we all do every day.

No comments: