Saturday, March 26, 2005

Long Time, No Me

So yes, after a one-month respite the blog is back in action. When you hardly have time to sit down and watch the news to find out what's going on in the world you can see why I might not be able to find the time to write a blog.

I can't believe how much homework I'm getting. This is the end of my senior year, and never before in my four years at QU have I had as much work as I do now. Within the next week I've got one paper due, a quiz, two homework assignments due Tuesday for the same class, and a 1500 word English assignment. Oh yeah... did I mention all this was assigned within the past week or so? On top of that somehow I have to find the time to actually watch TV for my broadcast animation class. Yeah... that's not gonna happen.

So to take a little time off from all the bullshit work I've had, I decided to head out to Blockbuster to rent a movie. They've got this new MoviePass deal going on, where you can rent as many movies as you want each month, only taking out one at a time, for about $15 a month. Not a bad deal in my book, since I can now actually watch movies again without putting a huge hole in my wallet. But I digress...

I rented "Without a Paddle" tonight and it may be the first movie I'll actually have bought in the past couple years. It's extremely funny in so many different ways. On top of that it's got a message that sort of hit home with me. One of the characters said "it doesn't matter how much money you've made and lost. You can always earn it back. The one thing you can never earn back is lost time." It's so true, and it makes me want to kick my ass into gear and to move on with my life.

Now it's also true that money's never been a big factor with me. I know I'll never be rich. I'll be happy just making enough to pay all the bills, have a modest house, and enjoy my life. But time... time's the thing that seems to keep slipping away faster. And every time I try to figure out where the time has gone even more seems to slip through my fingers.

Even now I realize I've lost time... time that I should probably spend on doing homework, or writing a paper, or maybe doing both at once. Yup... six weeks and the stress of school is all over and done with. Life finally begins, and at long last I think I'm ready for it.

No comments: